March 30th, 2020...Okay Journal, journal okay. It's happening. In the middle of a near nation-wide quarantine/lockdown we're definitely moving. The closing date is set for April 17th and the first moving pod was delivered this weekend.
It's starting to feel a bit like an old Chevy Chase or Ben Stiller movie where everything is falling apart but just keeps plowing forward.
I'm not particularly stressed about these details, but here's what we're up against:
- We don't have a house to move to
- Real estate is pretty dead because most agents can't even show houses right now
- We're supposed to be in lockdown at home and not go anywhere
- We can't ask anyone to help us move stuff into the pods because gatherings are banned
- Flying to Florida from NY is banned because too many people were doing it.
- There are checkpoints in Florida watching for people from NY trying to get in. They may let us in but will likely mandate a 14 day quarantine (includes not being able to go to stores).
- Probably something else but that's enough lol
We're healthy though, and that's the most important part.